Rules for 2015-16
- NFHS rules apply unless specified otherwise here.
- 28.5-inch ball must be used.
- All games will be 8-minute, stop-time
Three minutes at half-time. One minute between quarters.
- Overtimes will be 3 minutes, stop-time.
Starts with jump ball. One time-out per team. No time-outs carry over from regulation time.
- 3 full (60-second) time-outs per game.
- 1 additional time-out per overtime period
-- no carryovers.
- Players and coaches may call time-outs.
- 1 and 1 on the 7th team foul/half; 2
shots on the 10th team foul/half.
- All fouls carry over into overtime.
- If a player gets a technical foul, it
is counted as a personal foul and team foul.
- Man-to-man defense only is allowed.
Help and recover systems are legal. No half-court zones are allowed.
- Double teaming the ball is allowed.
Double teaming an individual player is not allowed.
- No single-player isolation plays are
allowed. If the referee identifies such a play, he will issue a warning.
On the second and subsequent call, the referee will call a turnover
on the team running the isolation play.
- Each team must have a minimum of 10
players on the team roster.
- No player can play for more than one
team. A fourth grade player can play up; however, a fifth grade player
cannot play down.
- There are no minimum playing time rules.
However, this is a development program and it is hoped that all players
get playing time.
- 4th grade
division can press in the last three minutes of the second and fourth quarters and overtime.
- 5th grade
division can press in the last three minutes of the second quarter and last
five minutes of the fourth quarter and overtime.
- No team
may press with a lead of 10 points or more.
may utilize zone presses in the back court but must fall back into a
man-to-man defense in the front court.
- All players
should have reversible jerseys to avoid conflicts with other towns with
should be visible on the front and back.
- Home team
is responsible to contact away teams with makeup days/times. If the
home team has problems with gym time, the away team can offer make-up
- Home team
arranges referees with referee coordinator.
- Both 4th
and 5th grade games must be re-scheduled together to insure refs will
be assigned. (If a single game is scheduled, the officials get an additional amount.)
- If neither
team can make up the game, report the problem to the league coordinator.
- All teams make the playoffs.
- Teams are seeded based on regular season
- Tie-breaker procedure is listed in league
- Highest seeds are home team. Games must
be played in pairs and may be played on neutral courts. League coordinator
will have final say in game sites.
- Brackets are used in all playoffs.
There is no re-seeding after any playoff round.
- Coaches coach; players play; parents
parent & referees referee.